Thought of doing agar agar for cell refreshments this week, so got my mum-in-law to teach me. Her agar agar is always a winner when she does it every year during Chinese New Year, so what better person to consult! Moreover, cooking/baking sessions are therapeutic after a long day at work and excellent for bonding too. Talk about killing many birds with one stone!
1. 150-200 gm coconut shaving ( to squeeze 200 ml coconut milk)
2. 1 packet agar agar powder
3. 250 gm sugar (adjust according to preferred sweetness)
4. Pandan leaves (for fragrance)
5. 1 egg (to help coconut float to the top)
6. 800 ml water
1. Add a bit of water and squeeze coconut shavings to get coconut milk
2. Beat an egg into the coconut milk and set aside.
3. Boil the water, add the agar agar powder and add the sugar.
4. Pour in the coconut milk mixture into the boiling agar agar mixture.
5. Stir for a few minutes.
6. Pour the mixture into containers.
7. Cool and refrigerate.