Decided to attempt Lasagna again because I love eating lasagna! So far have not had much success the few times we tried.
This time round it was successful! This is also quite easy to assemble. These days, since baby Ezra came, when I do cook, usually try to do one dish meals as the prep and washing is much less.
Ingredients (Serves 3):
1) San Remo instant lasagna sheets
2) Prego Tomato Pasta Sauce (300g)
3) Minced beef (300g)
4) 1 onion
5) 2-3 cloves of garlic
7) Milk (2 cups)
8) Mozzarella cheese (200g)
9) Plain flour (2 tablespoon)
10) Olive oil
1) To make the meat sauce: Heat up some oil and fry the onions and garlic. Add the mince beef and stir till cooked. Then add in the tomato pasta sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
2) To make the cheese sauce (I got this recipe from the box of lasagna sheets) Melt the butter and stir in the flour. Stir for a few minutes. Stir in the milk till thick and smooth. Add in 100g of the mozzarella chesse and stir till the cheese melts.
3) Assemble: Layering – lasagna sheet – meat sauce- cheese sauce – sprinkle mozzarella cheese. Create a few layers.
4) Pop it into oven and bake for about 35-45 minutes.