13 March 2016
We had a hotpot dinner at Pris’ place to celebrate Lee Lee’s birthday.
It has been such a busy year. Things have been busy on the work and home front. Felt super tired as the boys had just recovered from a bout of viral fever. Exhausting!! So it was a nice way to start the short March holiday break.
We had a nice time catching up with each other over Japanese hot pot. It was indeed such warm fellowship and sense of just being at home with people whom you are comfortable with. I felt as if time stood still for a while in the midst of the busyness and I had time to just rest and enjoy the moment. Wish there were more of such times! I always feel like I am in a rush and so don’t like the feeling! Need to learn how to slow down especially so in the midst of busyness.
Recipe for Banana Chocolate Chip muffin (Courtesy of my friend Lynette Yeo)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and bananas.
- Mix baking soda with hot water and pour into the butter mixture
- Fold in flour and salt. Stir in chocolate chips
- Spoon the batter into greased muffin cups. Top each muffin with two chunks of banana and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes.