8 – 9 August 2014
To celebrate National Day this year, our cell group had a potluck dinner followed by prayer for Singapore. For the potluck, we had to bring a dish which was red/white and also wear red/white in the spirit of national day!
Decided to bring Mee Goreng. I have never cooked Mee Goreng before so I did some research beforehand. Consulted my mother-in-law who can cook mee goreng that is quite delicious and also googled and read other recipes. Finally, this was the recipe I went with after combining all my research. And the result? Yummy! This is an easy to do one dish meal too 🙂
Mee Goreng (Serves 6 adults)
1) 2 packets of yellow noodles
2) Cai Xin
3) Tomatoes (2-3, sliced)
4) Bean Sprouts
5) Fish cake (3 pcs, sliced)
6) 4 eggs (beaten)
7) 1 large red onion (chopped finely)
8) Garlic (4-5 cloves, chopped finely)
9) Tomato Ketchup
10) Bottled chilli (I used Singlong Sambal Belacan)
11) Dark Soy Sauce
1) Add oil
2) Fry the garlic and onion
3) Add the vegetables, fish cake, tomatoes and stir fry quickly
4) Add the noodles – Mix and stir-fry together with the rest of ingredients.
5) Add the egg and stir fry evenly
6) Add ketchup, dark soy sauce and chilli (Unsure about exact amount as I added based on the colour and taste)
After dinner, we spent some time praying for Singapore followed by a time of charades on local topics.
Here’s another birthday cum national day gathering I had with friends on National day itself.